[nagdu] question about chest pad

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 23:46:52 UTC 2012

Hi, Steve,
Yes, Pilot does use something similar to the gentle leader which is the haulty.
I've used the haulty before, but one day during training, Freedom david Berry became too smart for his own britches.
He took one of his paws and managed to get it off of his face.
They also use the smart collar, similar to the metal prong collar, but the smart collar is black and less vissible for seeing.
What I ended up doing this time around was to write out a letter to them, giving them some ideas more on myself by indicating I need a dog who doesn't need continuous leash corrections, can handle various changes when it comes to my health, hardly distractible and who is a serious worker.
I'll still be keeping the chest pad around in case it shall ever have to come out of the tool box like the smart collar or other things too.
Since Odie is now a medical alert service dog, I don't need to use neither of the training equipment I mentioned above as he is a lot older up onkwing what is expected.
Majority of the time, I usually stick with the verbal voice corrections if I have to get on him for not paying attention.
Aother big plus with Odie and I is we are able to read each other upon communication.
I always follow his body language for the most part andif I am not paying attention myself, he definitely will let me know.
Bibi