[nagdu] High School students and Guide Dogs...

Ramona Davidson ramonadavidson88 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 08:20:37 UTC 2012

I have only had my Ismael for two months now, but some things i'd like
to note are, yes, the dog gives you so much, works for you, makes your
life easier, but guess what, you give the dog as much as you get. you
feed him, bathe, groom, play, love, and correct him. you pick up his
droppings, and so much more than that, not mom, or dad, or brother or
sister, you!  if feels a little like the time after my son was born,
accept it feels like I have a newborn 3 year old. hahaha. it's not an
easy transition and who ever said it was is probably lying, especially
if it's your first dog. Its! Not! easy!

they are dogs, first and formost, they get in to stuff, they shred
emportant things, they drink out of the toilet, which i was horrafide
to find yesterday afterknoon wile the 4 year old was reeking habic.
it feels like the last month has been one big test of faith and there
are days I want to give up, there are days I regret not doing this
sooner. when your young you have so much on your mind, graids,
boys/girls. daighting so on and so forth, if you have a guide at that
age it's like being a teen mom, it's going to take away from your
sosial life.
with all that being said, my class was filled with a bunch of
wonderful people part of them still in highschool some of them just
graduated, and i'll say this, the kids who were in highschool were
much more mature than some of the kids in college or older.

the paperwork process is enough to wead the not so serious out but
some slip through unfortunitly. and they end up luzeing their dogs.
good luck to whoever decides to get a dog, but most of all good luck
to you younger ones, your taking on alot of responsibility and I think
if your mature enough for this, go for it and congradulations on what
ever you decide to do.

p.s.
i'm not trying to be neggetive but I saw several people have to go
home early with out dogs and it's utterly heart breaking. I don't want
anyone to have to go threw that.

--
Mona