[nagdu] OT: computer games

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Aug 29 14:15:42 UTC 2012

Hopefully y'all will forgive one OT message to answer Rebecca, and anyone
else interested.
pcsgames.net has a whole giant list of accessible computer games.  My
dogfighting game is under Kitchen Sink games.  It's not sophisticated, but
it's challenging, and it's free.  Kitchen Sink also has PC golf, which is
somewhat addictive.

One of the games pcsgames.net lists is called Splat.  You are a blind guy
trying to improve your cane skills, so you keep crossing and recrossing
the street, trying to not get hit.  Sounds too close to my real life for
me to play!  Well, at least the dodging idiot drivers part.

bpcprograms.com also has some great games.  They cost a bit, but are very
challenging, at least for me.
I also have a fighter plane game called 3D Velocity, which is much more
sophisticated than the Kitchen Sink game, but I haven't studied it
sufficiently to play much yet.  I play computer games a lot in the winter,
but in the summer I'm outside, or listening to a ball game.
Tracy