[nagdu] Flea Preventitaves

Karyn & Thane bcpaws4me at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 23:09:43 UTC 2012

You want to be careful when adding ACV (apple cider vinegar) to drinking
water. Perhaps take a taste yourself- I did and its nasty vbg
They now recommend that you provide water free of ACV along with the ACV
water if you add it to water and dont use more than a capful in a large
bowl- ie 2-3 quart bowl

I think (and she'll correct me if I am wrong) Debbie meant that she bathed
Leone and gave her comfortis, not that she bathed in Comfortis. Comfortis is
an oral flea medication. If you are in the USA though, your vet can fax an
RX to some of the legit online pharmacies. I'll have to check some notes I
have but there is a certain label that will appear on the website if they
follow all FDA guidelines as far as not selling out of date products,
pulling recalled, and not selling bundles of things about to expire.
I use capstar because Thane doesn't tolerate comfortis and he also has one
of their precautions so its best to just tackle them when its an issue since
I dont live in the south where they are more of a problem
Capstar and Program even are very old school so those will require online
shopping, but having capstar on hand while working through a flea outbreak
can sometimes be worthwhile so you might talk to your vet and novartis about
it.
My vet made contact on my behalf for Thane so we could be absolutely sure it
was OK for him. Sometimes vets can get additional concerns answered from
manufacturers that the manufacturer might not be so eager to share with
individual endusers.

Karyn and Thane