[nagdu] Lots of Questions

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Aug 31 15:45:48 UTC 2012

Hi Lizzy.
Sounds like you've thought through everything, and you know what you want
and how to get it!
I do take my dog when I give blood.  My workplace has blood drives, so
it's the same as going to work, with doughnuts!  Actually, last time I
gave blood, the hospital newspaper was taking some pictures, and they took
a picture of Ben looking out from under my stretcher, with the blood
bottle hanging down nearby.
I also take Ben when I go to vote.  All the poll workers know him by now.

The things I find harder with a dog, and so usually leave him home, are
dancing and attending potluck dinners.  My neighbors have a potluck
Christmas party, and, with a lot of people in a small house, kids running
around and people holding plates on their laps ... I just don't want to
have to be constantly monitoring the dog to see he's not scarfing
something, or in danger of being stepped on.
I also leave him home if I have to have a medical procedure where I'll be
knocked out, like a colonoscopy.
Other than these things, I take the dog with me.  He makes my life easier.
Tracy