[nagdu] guide dog question

mary wurtzel marywurtzel at att.net
Wed Dec 12 11:30:52 UTC 2012

Hello,
I use a Martingale
 harness with Felix.  It goes right along with the regular
harness itself.  A leather piece goes down his frot, through a
loop under his stomach and then it latches as any usual harness
does.  It has a leather handle that sticks up on his back.  I use
that to go down steps, difficult places for balance, even really
deep curbs.  I say "brac" and can put some of my weight, (believe
me, not all) on Felix to help me down.  I was told that this
harness came from England.  They also have something to do with
horses.  I am not the best at discription, so just ask if you
need clarification.
Mary

Users"<nagdu at nfbnet.org