[nagdu] guide dog question for a 7 year old girl

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Mon Dec 17 14:05:36 UTC 2012

I am not sure sight has anything to do with it. I think it is more the dogs task training.
Guide dogs work differently then other service type dogs, if a 7 year old kid can't open the fridge door to get a Coke and has a dog who can do this, the dog doesn't get to say "No, no Coke for you today".

Lynn is right about the CCI dogs matched with kids to always have an adult present.  I wonder how that impacts the child's emotional development, the dog probably helps the child but at what cost to the child's ability to be a kid?