[nagdu] second time is the charm

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Tue Dec 18 01:09:36 UTC 2012

Hi there,
When I got my second dog I felt the same as you did.
My first dog was good, but I love a dog that will decide for itself
what to do, and you don't have to give allot of build up.
this is what I do anyway, where when I don't know for sure what to do
the dog will take over.
he won't wait for me to give direction.
This morning, I was with my husband and a friend going grocery shopping.
She shared that the dog was going to the wrong door.
I said that was fine let him do his job.
We walked up to the wrong door, as she shared said out.
Now I know the dog isn't going to read the sign,
Where he saw a door and I was going to respect that door.
When we got there we turned to the rite went to the next door that said
the same, and when he came to the open door, I praised him well.
My friend has never been around a guide dog, so it was fun for her to
learn what all they can do.
Keep up the swell work, and know as you grow as a team you will love it.