[nagdu] Odie the guardian angel

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 26 03:00:14 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
For this year's Christmas despite it was an enjoyable one, I figured to write about the biggest thing I was thankful for and will say why I put Odie in the subject line.
Unfortunately last wednesday, someone burned food in our apartment complex, setting off the fire alarm and thankfully, it happened during the day time.
Although I did have a seizure, I was wide awake enough to be aware of what was going on.
I immediately called Odie over to my side while I was lying on the floor, waiting for the seizure to pass over.
He settled right beside me on the carpet which did help me stay calm and relaxed.
I was able to also rest my hand on him and that added to be a big plus.
Sunday evening, the fire alarm went off again and happily despite that someone burned their food on the fourth floor, no convulsive grandmal seizure or asthma attack happened.
Monday evening was another unfortunate event of someone carelessly setting off the fire alarm.
They had a grease fire in the apartment and their front door was all the way opened which is against safety policies and violation of the lease.
Dale and I happened to be asleep during the very beginning of that incident when Odie suddenly went on alert.
He got up right as the fire alarm went off and smelled the fire on the other side of the building on our floor.
Odie started to pace back and forth, bumping Dale, and then he bumped him again, but harder the second time.
Dale woke up immediately and was shocked of what was to b occuring.
He ran into the bedroom to make sure I was all right and not seizuring during my sleep as that can be very deadly.
I woke up because I was quickly startled myself upon smelling the burned food and fire through the whole apartment.
As of result, Odie was definitely our life saver who performed another act of heroism and again, became our four-legged furry guardian angel.
Dale and I are looking to move out of here eventually, but it's going to take time though.
Just thought I'd share about another viraculous act of heroism from Odie as he, really, did save us again.
It's not the first time and it won't be the last.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
the happy spirited bounty labrawolf