[nagdu] Coming home

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 00:58:30 UTC 2012

I believe that everyone ends up doing the thing they are the most comfortable with, and that if you keep your dog on leash that long (6-8 weeks) then that's all good. My school recommended two and gradually taking the dogs off. I usually had them mostly off by four; I always tie him at night still because I don't have a crate for him; the pets are in crates at night. None of them loves us any less. If they receive a lot of loving and if you are consistent with them, they aren't going around saying you don't trust them or you would let them off leash. They know what to expect, and they do it. But what one does with one's dogs is often viewed rather emotionally by others, and there are a lot of strong opiniions on it. Same is true with dogfood. So, anyway, that's my story and ... I'm sticking to it. LOL.

CL