[nagdu] "I Told You So, Mommy!!!"

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 1 04:21:41 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
Yesterday was a long day for me since I had two doctors appointments.
One at National Jewish Health and the next one out in Highlands Ranch.
By the time I was done, I was really tired and exhausted.
I tried to go to sleep early, but couldn't as my brain was still wired up.
Finally, I fell asleep, but was partially woken up bymy husband Dale at some point because Odie alerted him that I was coughing and gagging.
Managed to slightly figure out what was ahppening and fixed the source.
I eventually and fully woke up later on probably after eleven or eleven thirty today.
Odie needed to go outtside, so just slipped on an old pair of tennis shoes, slipped on his leash and collar.
I immediately took him out so he could empty out.
UPon coming back inside as I still was waking up, I lost my ballance and my forehead and nose hit the side of the automatic sliding door before the stairs inside the building.
Obviously, Odie tried to warn me to slow down and pay attention which it was already too late.
After I hit my forehead and nose on the side of the wall of the door jam, he hit me on the left leg with his head.
I then said, "I know Odie. You tried to tell me and I didn't listen to you."
Sure enough, he snorted at me and had that "I told you so, mommy" attitude.
He's always had that type of attitude from the beginning even when I trained with him in guide dog training at Pilot.
Of course, he does things that are more crazy that what I've done.
If the elevator isn't moving fast enough in his favor or the automatic door opens up quickly, he'll litterally bang his head on the elevator doors and the automatic sliding door.
What would end up happening once Dale and I tell staff and residents of our apartment complex is they'll just have a big laughter over our four-legged furry son.
*Wow*
Bibi, husband Dale and Odie
medical alert service dog
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf