[nagdu] Removing Harness and Leash for Security Re:flyingwithPrincess for the first time

loriandleo loriandleo at ohiohills.com
Wed Feb 1 17:30:39 UTC 2012

Hi Nicole,

I didn't mean to come across as knowing more than anyone else, I was just
passing along the travel tips I got from my trainers.

About the woman who's dog's harness that got taken apart. It was her first
time flying, she had no one with her and airport security was going crazy
after 911. The screener told her that she could not board until they checked
out the harness. They took the harness completely apart to make sure there
was nothing dangerous about it and gave it back to her in pieces. By the
time they got done she had to rush to catch her plane and didn't have time
to put it back together.

I don't know the person this happened to but this was told to me by someone
who knew about it. This is as much as I was tolddd, but I know it raises
alot of questions, such as where was her trainer if she was coming from a
school, and why didn't she ask for a supervisor.

As far as I know this is the only time that something like this has
happened.

Now I heard about another handler who was told that the screeners would have
to do a body cavity search on her dog before she boarded. She told them
point blank that unless they had a vet tech to do the search then they were
not going to put a hand on her dog. She also demanded that they get a
supervisor there immediately. The supervisor told the screener that they
were not going to search the dog and to let her board.

Lori and theGipper