[nagdu] Removing Harness and Leash for Security Re:flyingwithPrincess for the first time

Lisa belville missktlab1217 at frontier.com
Wed Feb 1 19:34:36 UTC 2012

No, you absolutely are not required to remove anything from the dog.  At the
GDF they tell us to make a long leash and keep our dogs in a sit/stay while
we hold onto the end of the leash and step through the detector.  Our
leashes have metal rings and fasteners, so you make a fist with the metal
loop clutched tightly.  When you step through the detector, you call your
dog and the dog sets off the detector.  if you're holding the loop tightly
enough, you shouldn't set it off, but it really depends.Then the nice,
hopefully marginally English speaking TSA folks will wand and tactually
inspect the dog and you if you alert.   Katy loves being petted like this,
but it might be uncomfortable for some dogs.

Lisa

Hey, guess what! guess what! guess what! Aww crap, I forgot!
Lisa Belville
missktlab1217 at frontier.com