[nagdu] Removing Harness and Leash for Security Re: flyingwithPrincess for the first time

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 2 04:44:55 UTC 2012

Hi, Cindy,
When Odie and I have flown on the airplane, no, I didn't remove his harness
nor did I take it off.
Most I did was loosen up the belly strap a little bit.
Pilot's belly straps on the harnesses only have the buckle and no quick
access, so it can be a pain at times, especially since I have carple tunnel
in both hands.
My main reason for never taking off the guide dog harness while flying was
if an emergency were to occur and both Odie and I had to quickly be put on
to the parachute once deployed.
When I have done road trips on the Greyhound buses, though, yes, I did
remove the harness then so he would be more comfortable.
Same thing did happen when I've done road trips in my mother-in-law's car
five years ago.
Bibi