[nagdu] Test Walk?

Doug Parisian eggmann at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 3 16:16:50 UTC 2012

Lisa, in this strange wacky world, one needs always to be prepared.

When I got my first beastie way back in 1977, we had a rule on our Winnipeg
transit requiring that all dogs be muzzled.  I had a paw in having that
policy repealed by about 1980.  Fortunately, most passengers weren't aware
of this weirdness and the majority of drivers knew me anyway.  TSE gave us
figure eight muzzles and one can do the same fake with the leash.  My
regular route bus drivers (who my dog got to know by the way) would warn me
if an inspector was lurking at a particular stop so then I'd do the fake
leash trick until we got past the obstruction.

I often would purposefully not comply unless asked to do so by those drivers
on my irregular routs who insisted on working to rule so I did in fact carry
the muzzle for such cases.

Nowadays, the only reason I might use a muzzle would be in cases where one
of my dogs would snatch whatever food was on the floor of a food court
quicker than lightning.  Miss Payton absolutely hated the muzzle so the
problem was cured; any twitching I noticed which made me suspicious of food
snatching resulted in immediate application of the muzzle.  It sure did cut
down on the number of leash corrections and the inevitable public flap about
"you're beating your dog" nonsense etc etc.

Too bad one couldn't muzzle some of the interferers out there.

Doug: Muzzle me and I'll just talk between my teeth!