[nagdu] Test Walk?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Feb 3 19:06:53 UTC 2012

I like to wander about, too.  I just count streets.  I'm still not sure of
some of the street names in my neighborhood, and we've been here many
years.  They're just "4th street from the house", or whatever.  I've
gotten out the GPS to wander around the neighborhood occasionally, but the
names haven't really stuck with me.  And last time, the silly BrailleNote
crashed, as it often does, so I just left it off and finished my walk
without it.
I haven't really found GPS to be all that dependable.  Useful sometimes,
but not always reliable.
Tracy

> I differ as to the opinion that streets matter all that much.  I am a
> wilful
> rover and often walk in places where I know none of the street names and
> have done such routes several times.  My cues as to where to turn come
> from
> other environmental/orientation clues--traffic sounds, sidewalk and road
> condition and texture, surround consistent smells and sounds, time of day
> combined with direction of sun and/or wind, etc etc etc.
>
> Doug: I make this noise by rubbing my hind legs together.

>>> right. So get off the bus at Long and High street turn left and walk