[nagdu] Pilot in 1987

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Fri Feb 3 22:30:25 UTC 2012

Oh Jessica, I forgot about Gift Street! Duh! I thought something was wrong
with my description of going to the bus stop near Pilot. It's 2 blocks up,
not just 1.

And wow, now you cross at Grubb, eh? That's a killer curb on the west side
of Town Street right there, always has been as I recall.

Good to hear about using the CVS store too. I wondered if they still had
that as an option and wondered where you bought stuff now since Woolworth's
is long gone.

Boy do I miss the old Lazarus store. I learned my initial cane O&M there
then guide dog work, escalators, working delicate areas like the china shop
and such. It was a great old fashion 6-floor department store. They were
very good to Pilot and its grads over the years.