[nagdu] Alergies

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 00:43:47 UTC 2012

Well, I hate to bring this up, I really do, because it hasn't been so long ago that it came up. However, it is now creating a personal problem for me.

My husband has a new friend who is a HAM and who is enjoying doing stuff with my husband. Tomorrow they are going to go do communications at BRRR Ride, which is a bunch of crazy bikers who take this little bike ride in the middle of the winter no matter what. Anyway, we are supposed to have a snowstorm, so I am not going, though I'm a HAM and enjoy doing this kind of thing. My husband has been doing some trips to another town for a HAM Club that sounds way more friendly than ours, and to date I haven't been available to go. However, I will be. Well, turns out this guy has allergies to dog dander and so says that the dog cannot travel in his vehicles. I sincerely believe he is not a faker because he has some allergies that are causing him to not be able to work. So in any case, this is his private vehicle and his right. But it sets up some interesting implications. If a cab comes to your house with a driver who claims to have this problem, can he refuse you on the grounds of health. I maintain that you wouldn't be in his cab long enough to create a hug problem for the guy, particularly if you are in the back of the vehicle. Of course he could be using it as an excuse and not even have the allergies. Once a driver told me I was required to say I was taking a dog because of just this possibility and I said that this was not factual, I had not requirement to do that. I felt certain I am right, but what if such a driver came by? How would he be expected to deal with it? Also, how serious a problem is this really even in the bona fide cases of that sort of allergy?

Cindy Lou