[nagdu] Getting a guide dog

RJ Sandefur joltingjacksandefur at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 21:38:57 UTC 2012

I have a questions for everyone on the list. What was it that made you decide to get a guide dog? My Family and mobility instructor both tell me they do not see a need for me to have one. I live in Okeechobee Florida. We do not have any public transpertation. I practually have to be driven to church, the store etc. Others from people at church are telling me to stop making excuses, and get a dog, but when I tell them I am a cane traveler, they accuse me of not trying. I tell them it is a huge responcibility, and they tell me that it is just me making excuses. Am I making excuses? I do not have the finational means in order to care for a guide dog. I'm only just making excuses. What do you as guide dog users think? I would have to feed the dog, take it for check ups. It is an animal, and it is a responcibility. RJ