[nagdu] Getting a guide dog

RJ Sandefur joltingjacksandefur at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 23:35:12 UTC 2012

Here is what my mobility instructor said in his report.
Preparation for guide dog - Mr. Sandefur had training to simulate use of a
guide
within the context of residential travel and semi-commercial travel. Mr.
Sandefur
found the orientation very challenging and after reflecting on his
experience, he
has since decided that he prefers the use of a long cane to guide dog
travel.

Recommendations: Mr. Sandefur will need additional training to accomplish
his goal of
commercial travel. It should be noted that Mr. Sandefur has decided to no
longer pursue
his goal of guide dog preparation. Some people at church feel I gave up to
soon, and that I didn't try heard enough. My family has told me not to apply
for a guide dog because I'd just be wasting my time, but how am I supposed
to know if I'm really ready to repsue this again in the future? My mentel
health said that I have trouble ajusting to new things. RJ