[nagdu] flying, changes, and vet visit

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Feb 7 12:51:23 UTC 2012

I'm not advocating feeding your dog from the table, cooking them
homemade meals or even using people food as treats.   However I do
believe there are appropriate times for people food, like when the dog
is not feeling well and needs a bland easy to digest meal.  chicken and
rice is a very good choice for that.  Me, personally, I do frequently
use people food for dog treats.  You guys know your dogs and you know
yourselves and what's best for you and yours.

However, I have never heard that it's bad to give a particular type of
apple, like red delicious.  I've also never heard of peeling the fruit
or vegetable or cutting it into small bits.  I could understand if your
dog has dental problems or it's a really tiny dog, but any sort of guide
dog in any sort of reasonable health should be able to chew up a carrot.

I found the following link:
  http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/poisonous_foods.html

It's a list of foods that are poisonous or harmful to dogs.

HTH
Julie