[nagdu] Dogs At Work

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 22:42:06 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Just another quick question for all you more experienced guide dog handlers.
When you are at work, do you leave your dog in harness, or do you take your
dog's harness off. I'm talking about when you are sitting at a desk and not
moving around.

I work two 8 hour shifts a week and I take my dog out of harness, because I
am sitting at a desk the entire time, and I think it is unnecessary for your
dog to be in harness when he is just sitting quietly under your desk...

Another part of this question. What is the legal answer? There is obviously
a "no pets" policy at my work. Am I still covered by the ADA and other such
laws if I remove the harness once at my desk?

No one has complained, but with my luck it is only a matter of time.

Thanks,

Mark