[nagdu] ice was Listen to your dog!!

Doug Parisian eggmann at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 12 19:20:31 UTC 2012

Sometimes, even faking a stumble works amazingly well; your dog gets "guilt
tripped," so to squeak.

At one time or other, we have all probably stumbled as a result of a missed
curb or step (hopefully not going down), a hose across the walk, etc etc.
We do whatever teaching method works, correction etc, to show miss or Mr..
dog that ain't right or acceptable guiding.  And they do get it.  So, the
ice stumble may therefore be enough.

In Winnipeg, we've had one of those sissy winters with temperatures never
much below 20 Fahrenheit in the day, about zero at night with amazingly
frequent melting cycles.  The result of this is skating rink conditions on
many of the sidewalks; the ice is as hard as iron and virtually impossible
to remove.

Doug: Slip slidin" away!  (come on now, you all knew that was coming!)