[nagdu] Not eating

Peggy pshald at neb.rr.com
Sun Feb 12 22:12:56 UTC 2012

I haven't read this whole thread so sorry if I repeat information.  My sirst
shepherd was a very picky eater and I eventually just left her food down all
day long.  We didn't have any other dogs then so it worked for us.  My
shepherd now eats like a lab though!!  It's just a shepherd thing, most of
the time, they can be very picky eaters.  Unless you want to keep hand
feeding him though I wouldn't keep doing that!!  Try adding a little warm
water to the food to make a gravy, sometimes that works.  Throwing up on an
empty stomach is pretty common, as suggested you might want to give him a
treat or two between feedings to keep this from happening but don't over
feed on treats either.  By all means if you think he's sick see a vet but
shepherds are notorious picky eaters.