[nagdu] going off leash

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 13 23:01:22 UTC 2012

Hi, Hannah,
If anything, run around the yard with her while she's on leash and encourage
her to go potty.
I had a similar problem with Odie in the very beginning where he needed to
be encouraged to go to the bathroom.
I had to do the same similar thing when I moved into my apartment complex.
For the most part, Odie will do his business immediately once we enter the
pet area.
In unfamiliar territory, I have to talk to him and encourage him again so he
knows it's all right to go to the bathroom.
Just talk to her, encouraging her to go potty outtside and run around with
her in the yard while she's on leash.
This will help stimulate her intestants to get moving.
Once she stops moving around, immediately put your hands on her lower back
end around her tail so you can feel what she's doing.
This is so you can easily pick up after her quickly with having the small
pick up bag over your hand.
At times when the pile is too large, I have to slip the gab over both hands
so I can easily scoop everything up at once.
If need be, you can use a second bag if you are unable to get everything
up..
Hope this helps.
Bibi, husband Dale and Odie
medical alert service dog