[nagdu] going off leash

Meghan Whalen mewhalen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 00:01:22 UTC 2012

I think Hannah is looking for advice and support, not a drawn out
discussion on why one would not relieve his or her dog off leash.  She
has already stated that she knows this is not the best option.

I think the best advice given thus far is to get her wound up and
playful while out there.  She may just need a bit more activity to be
stimulated to go.  It frustrates me that so many people have to deal
with extensive relieving issues upon returning home with new guides.  It
took almost two years for me to get my last dog to the point where I
knew I could run the trash out or something and she would not have an
accident.  Hers was purely behavioral and entirely frustrating!  We are
bringing home 2-year-old dogs, they should be able to handle relieving
where they are supposed to, for Pete's sake!

Meghan