[nagdu] Food refusal

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:07:17 UTC 2012

Well, it works same as the little choking thing I do with my dog does when he is hassling other dogs, but I'm not sure I'd do it in a restaurant if it is going to get him to yelp. I think I would start by using a verbal correction, firmly, and then if you can do the subtle thing you did before. We do have a public image we have to keep up, and a dog yelping when you have grabbed it by its skin will get attention that you won't want, I think. Labbies accept that without a whimper, but GSDs, at least the ones I've known, are "drama queens."

CL