[nagdu] blueberries and milk bones

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 17 01:45:17 UTC 2012

Hi Hana:

What do you mean by lose stools? Is it liquid or more like soft icecream? (sorry everyone for ruining your appetites) The berries and milk bone will pass. When we say  milk bones are bad for dogs it is just cuz their made of crap and have a lot of calories. Certainly some dogs would respond negatively but most will just thank you profusely and wonder why they can't have them more with some weiners too please. :)

As I said, Bogart had ice cream like stools for the first 8 months I had him. It is only since our last food change (acana grasslands - lamb duck and trout) that he generally has firm stools. Certainly follow your vets directions with the food and gradually work her back to her food.

My motto has been to not sweat things too much. If the dog is throwing up or having liquid stools for 24 hours then I will take him to the vets. Otherwise I wait and see, make sure he gets water and see what he will eat that is still good for him. If you still have the soft stools in a month or two (like  as you get closer to the end of that giant bag of food) then you might want to look at changing foods to another brand. If you do this you should do some research about what is in different kinds of food and take recommondations from p people who know (like the school, his list, people who really look after their pets) If you get to changing food then talk to your school about how to do it or get some direction from the list to make sure it works out okay.

Hope Princess is feeling better soon.

Gary