[nagdu] Dog on stage?

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:38:40 UTC 2012

Thank you for these suggestions!  They're great!

The suggestion of having someone come and get her wbefore I sing would
work, except that these recitals are divided into groups.  I'll sing a
group of songs, go off stage, sing another long song, go off stage...
It continues.  So it wouldn't work legistically to have someone keep
bring the dog off stage for me.  It would be kind of fun though.  Lol

I like the suggestion of putting stuff on stage to block her.  That's
how it is at church.  There is so much junk on stage that the audience
can only see my dog from certain angles.  I don't worry about her as
much at church for this reason.  I don't see why I couldn't decorate
the stage a little.  I'll talk to my voice teacher.

Actually, putting a small cushion on the floor next to me for her to
lay on is my voice teacher's suggestion.  I'm hesitant to do this
because I'm not sure if it would draw more attention to her.

Shannon, I have learned that about stay very recently.  Keeping the
dog calm is very important.  I actually want to get into the recital
hall and practice more often.  I wish I could because she does well in
there when I practice with her.

Unfortunately, I cannot tie her to the piano bench.  It is behind
where I am standing, and it's too small a space for my accompanist and
dog to be.  I wonder if it would be too distracting to tie her to the
piano behind me?  I've never done that before.

The stage I'm performing on is small, and I think this creates some
problems.  I do move around a little bit when I sing, but I don't take
up the whole stage or even half of it when I move.

My recital is in three weeks--actually, less than three weeks by one
day!  Aaaaaah!