[nagdu] going off leash

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 21 00:19:09 UTC 2012

Hi Hana:

When I was at school Bogart's brother was one real stubborn so and so. He just wouldn't relieve  himself, this was no 1 or 2!  I think he went about a day and half without peeing. When he was let off leash in the off leash area at the school niagra falls happened.

Poodles can be really stubborn about this. At my school with 6 poodles 3 of them wouldn't go in their assigned stalls and had to get permission to go outside on the grasss. Bogart  wouldn't go in his assigned stall but would go in the wheelchair area. Generally, Bogart will pee roughly in the same area. number 2 is  pretty consistent within half a block of home. I walk him around the block in the morning and before bed. Actually in the morning when I'm working we only go about half a block and turn around. this is when I call my cab to get me in front of my building. Bogart, gets it and if he hasn't gone by then, he will. if I get to the front of my building without him going then he dosn't have to. he has a bit of a random eating schedule so when he goes is variable.

My message is what others have said. I wouldn't take her off leash since then you  don't know what she's done and / or where. i agree with the comments to get her running around you a bit. keep yourself  calm and in no hurry. If she isn't relieving when you are trying be aware to schedule more time for your outings since she might have to stop on route to relieve.

good luck. everything will settle down in time so don't get discouraged.

Gary