[nagdu] Not a Good Idea Re: Dry Skin

Robert Hooper hooper.90 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Sat Feb 25 04:05:44 UTC 2012

Concerning the listing of "bones":
Cooked bones are the primary concern (along with weight-bearing bones, such as femurs, which may break a dog's teeth). Many people feed their dogs raw diets, which include bones--the cooked bones splinter and are indeed horrible to give to a dog--however, raw bones shouldn't present problems. However, as with any approach, research is key--before feeding a dog a raw diet (or giving them raw bones), be sure that you know what you are doing! My circumstances and financial capabilities do not allow me to consider raw feeding, so I do not go that route, although I have done a decent amount of research and asking about methodology, etc., I haven't any experience feeding raw.
Anyway, my point-my guess is that the majority of pets that end up in emergency rooms are those given cooked bones (i.e., as left-overs from a human meal) by their misguided and/or uneducated owners.
Sincerely,
Robert Hooper
Hooper.90 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
The Ohio State University