[nagdu] Going Home with the Wrong Dog was Re: could have, would have, should have

Juanita Herrera juanitaherrera1991 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 05:31:04 UTC 2012

Hello Sheila,
During my training I was given a dog who was not fit to be a guide
dog. She did great with her guide work, and was a fast learner.
However, when it came to dealing with heavy traffic she would get
terrified, and would run away from the traffic. I didn't want to admit
that in the long run it would become a major issue because I was
beginning to become attached to that dog, but the trainers spoke to me
and made me realize that it was best for the dog and I not to become a
team. She was career changed, and now I have a dog who is perfect for
me. I think that sometimes it's hard for us to accept the reality, but
the sooner we act on it the fewer issues we can avoid.
Juanita And Anise