[nagdu] behavioral test

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 27 05:52:07 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
Just this evening, I did a behavioral test with Odie, which involved him and his dog food.
I do this on occasions by touching his head while he has his mouth in the bowl eating his food.
Second part when I do go further is putting my hands in his food just at the top to see how he reacts when eating upon filling the skin on the edges of his mouth.
He still ate his food and good reaction came out of it.
I did tell him good boy for which he really was.
Dale has also done this with him too upon bending down to take the bowl from him which Odie showed no negative reaction.
Of course, this was something I started doing in the beginning when I would be matched with the dog, but only did it upon returning home.
I know some people would disagree or not recommend it, but it all depends on how the dog feels about it.
I have done this with all of my guides.
It will happen with the next dog as well.
Bibi, husband Dale and Odie
medical alert service dog
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf