[nagdu] could have, would have, should have

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Tue Feb 28 01:14:04 UTC 2012

Keri,
Actually, like all other schools, this may be the only incident you have
heard of personally, but there are others I can assure just like with other
schools.  Believe me, I am not judging LD as I am a 3-time recipient and now
in my 20th year of working Leader Dogs, and have had no problems.  However,
what I can tell you is that LD has made some significant changes in their
program over the past almost 4 years which ultimately, will be better for
the student and the organization as a whole.  We want to see all schools
continue to make changes and adapt to the needs of their prospective
handlers.  No school is a perfect school, and I honestly believe that all
try to do what is best for the student.  There of course may be exceptions,
and much of this may be a perception of who is experiencing what the school
is doing, or what the school is not doing.  NAGDU has some exciting things
coming up that will potentially make the schools more accountable, and if
you have not seen the Consumers Bill of Rights, I suggest you read it as
this is what NAGDU has been striving to get all schools to adopt.

Steve