[nagdu] Danger On 4 Paws

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 28 23:38:38 UTC 2012

Hi, Mark,
Odie was attacked by another guide dog on the very last day of our training session and it wasn't for me to work with.
It took lots of time and patience on my end as he'd bark at other dogs or just get really stiff.
Still, we kept working on it until I was sure he felt other dogs were all right.
To help him out as well, we both went to many events were there were plenty of dogs around on leash who were under control and well-behaved.
I'll admit that if we came across a dog on leash or off leash that was out of control or approached us in a bad way, he came close to destroying some, more because he was defending himself.
Many of us who have working or pet dogs may not realize that the leash and collar are a big importance of security to the dog as a whole upon the two helping to strengthen nutro respect of dog and handler.
I'll admit that I've had to deal with people continuously asking me if Odie is in training.
I smile and happily tell them that despite he has already been trained at Pilot back when being a guide dog and now a medical alert one, training continues daily and it never ends: just so I can have a happy well-mannered boy along with him being a welcomed member of the family.
Bibi