[nagdu] crowded trains

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Feb 29 18:10:48 UTC 2012

Hi Marsha.
I understand your dilemma.  I don't mind standing on a city bus, if it's
crowded.  I make Ben stand next to a seat, so I'm between him and the
crowd.
If someone offers, I say No thanks.  If they insist, I might give in,
though.  And if I'm taking the train, and only going a short way, I always
stand, whether people insist or not.
I try not to let it worry me, either way.  If it seems right in the moment
to stand, I stand.  If someone is insisting on giving up their seat for
me, I might take it, or not, depending on how I feel or how far I'm going.
Tracy