[nagdu] Consumer or Beneficiary?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Jan 1 16:28:25 UTC 2012

I kind of have a problem with being called a guide dog consumer.  Doesn't
that sound disgusting?  It's not the ideas expressed that bug me; it's the
language.  But then, I have a problem with being considered a consumer
rather than a citizen, in a broader social context.
I'd say I'm a guide dog client, customer, or handler.  I'd never call
myself a guide dog consumer. I love my dogs; I would never consume them.
Tracy