[nagdu] Fw: Guide Dog History information

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 10 12:24:12 UTC 2012

Dear All,
    I received this message and thought some of you could provide me some resources to offer this kid. I think this project is very astute for a child and want to provide the best information we can. Please send your comments to me off-list at

President at NAGDU.ORG

Thanks a bunch!

Marion

Hi, My name is Brooke and I am a sixth grader.  I'm working on a subject for National History Day.  The theme is Revolution, Reform and Reaction in History and I wanted to do something about guide dogs and their role in changing rights and laws for people with disabilities.  I'm looking for resources that would help me learn about how things have changed in history and I'm mostly just finding books about guide dogs in general.  Do you have any ideas of where I could look for this kind of information.  I am also looking to talk to somebody in Boise where I live or on the phone about guide dogs and how they have changed things for people with disabilities.  Do you know of anyone I could contact in Boise or that I could talk to there?  Thank you very much for your help.  Brooke