[nagdu] When is the Connection Too Much?

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 03:25:58 UTC 2012

I have.  I have seen folks feed ther dogs happy meals, kiss and hug there
dogs while working, and using they're dogs to draw attention to themselves.
Everyone seems to have different levels at which behaviors seem normal or
extreme.  For example, I usually let Holly have the run of my house even
when visitors are here.  But, if I know that visitors are scared of or
annoyed by dogs, I iether crate her or put her on a short leash.  But, I
don't allow her to be petted, talked to by others or have treats in harness.
I know that some folks do and I'm not saying that its wrong but I stay
consistant with the work conditions.  I do however, take her harness while
waiting for cabs, sometimes in dog friendly places or at parks and such when
shes not working hard so that she can visit with others or use the potty.