[nagdu] NAGDU website not working ?

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 05:01:06 UTC 2012

Hi everyone, I refered a friend to the nagdu website as her father was
recently blinded. She said that each time she tried to access something,it
came back page not found.She was very disappointed as she wanted guide dog
info.She could not even access the info on guide dog schools. I tried the
website myself and had the same problems. She also said to me that she
thought there should be pictures of guide dogs  so she could see what dog
breeds were trained and what kind of training they go through. She said
that for a website about the NFB and guide dog use, she got very little
info and was disappointed.I recommended several books for her to read and
told her about the list, but maybe she has a point here. As blind people
and people with low vision, I think we tend to forget that sighted people
want to see more when looking for information than just text.While I
realize that this website is giving info for blind people, sighted people
also look at it. I know that our webmaster recently requested some pictures
of guide dogs working. Is there a possibility that there will be pictures
on the site sometime in the future? I think we need to make sure that the
info on the site is available so people looking for information can get it.
I don't know if this is a website problem or a computer problem.I have
looked up the site my self in the past and did not have any problems with
it. Hope this gets sorted out soon so no one else has trouble getting
info.  Mardi andShaman

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/