[nagdu] Re dog odor and rain gear

Elizabeth Rene emrene at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 15 18:53:07 UTC 2012

There's a nice product for room deodorizing called Citrus Magic.  It's
charcoal infused with orange, that comes in a sealed, disk-shaped  container
with grooved vents on top (covered with adhesive until you open it.  This
wonderful product absorbs odors in closed spaces like dorm rooms, bathrooms,
and closets, and even average bedrooms, while leaving a very light, fresh
orange scent in the room.  This product will last and be effective for
months.  I always find it at Safeway, in the cleaning section, on a low
shelf.

Some vets, and some pet specialty stores with visiting vets, offer
non-anesthetic dentistry.  My dog has benefitted from this service a few
times, and it's done a lot to get rid of bad breath.  Alvin does fine with
it, and comes dancing out of the room rather than bolting for the door.  If
your dog is building tartar on his teeth or has breath that brushing alone
can't cure, maybe regular non-anesthetic cleanings might be the answer.

My 90+ pound dog's raincoat came from Petco, and he's been fine with it
because it doesn't restrict his shoulders.  But another source for sporting
dog outerwear is Orvis.com.  They have amazing things for dogs, and for
people who like outdoor activities.