[nagdu] Deodorizing and other important things

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 23:07:02 UTC 2012

Mark, I have a Belgian Shepherd and he has a slight odor to him.I have
heard from other people who have Shepherds that they also have a slight
odor about them. I never had a problem with any odor on my Siberian Husky
guide dogs. I never had a problem with odor on any of my other pet
dogs,Labs(except the skunk episode),Whippet, Pharaoh Hound,and except my
other pet Shepherd and my Border Collie. I think it may be a Shepherd and
Border Collie trait due to body chemistry.I don't find it offensive but I
can tell when Shaman is the dog nudging me in the morning as I
awake,because he wants to go out. Even Max the Border Collie has a
different,stronger odor on him,so I can tell the difference between them.I
use a product called Fabreze as an air freshener.(not to be used on the
animal) I spray it in the air and on the curtains,and bedspreads and even
on my cloths.You could spray your shoes with it and that might take away
any residual odor. A little goes a long way as it can be strong.I foster
dogs for a rescue so I some times have as many as 10 dogs in my house. Some
of these dogs are not house broken so the smell can get pretty ripe at
times. This seems to take care of any residual odor after the clean up.I
use a dog deodorizing spray called Perfect Coat on Shaman and Max,which
works great.I also keep a small fan going to keep the air circulating in
the house. This does help a lot. As for the bad breath issue,I give my dogs
dental treats and large white sterilized bones to chew on.They can be
purchased at most pet stores.There is also a spray advertised on TV to keep
teeth and dogs breath fresh and clean.It dissolves and prevents plaque. I
can't remember what it is called but the next time I  hear the ad, I will
get the name of it for you. Hope this helps.   Mardi and Shaman.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/