[nagdu] Mark's dogs

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 20:01:00 UTC 2012

Mark,

OMG! I'm scared now! /lol/

Let's see, I'm 5 ft. 5, slender and a total Shirley Temple clone... My
poodle is 54 lbs. of leg and big dark eyes in her black, black curls...

Nope! Not scary!

So you see why I cannot take people seriously when they get all screamy
and squally with fear of us! /lol/

Then there was the time we were in the midst of a public poodle
mugging... And finally, a nervous voice from well back in the crowd of
admirers I was trying to fend off asked breathily, "Is it a *pit bull*?"

It's probably a good thing I busted up laughing too hard to talk because
all I could think of to say was, "Yes! The long-nosed, curly coated
kind! They're the ones that are *really* dangerous!" Probably this would
not be the best thing to say in front of a crowd because it would give
the wrong impression of guide dogs or something.

Fortunately, the rest of the admiring fans had picked up quite a bit of
information and explained it all to the fearful one. Whew! I don't think
anyone was noticing me and my struggles to get my mirth under some sort
of control. /lol/ Is it a pit bull? Honestly!

Poodles also stare at people, but because they do not have the fearsome
rep and because their eyes protrude a bit and are more almond shaped and
tilted, it just makes people coo more. Only people who know poodles
recognize Mitzi's "back off" look for what it is and back off. She has
somehow learned to work the cute and the eye contact to keep people from
being so intrusive. I'm not sure how, but we seem to be pretty slick at
crowd management these days. Whew! People still stand around and ask
questions ad infinitum and all, but they at least are not standing on
top of us with their hands in the curls! Sheesh!

There are days when I would much prefer to look dangerous.

Funny that your dog's obedience would scare people.. But I guess you're
right. It's the police dog reputation, along with the tall guy with a
buzz cut... So I wonder what their guilty consciences are telling them
to worry about. /lol/

Tami