[nagdu] Oh, so that's why he gets to bring his dog everywhere

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 23:33:00 UTC 2012

I think people are asked if they are really blind because our eyes are
expected to look different in some way.  It's another stereotype.  I
am familiar with this because it's very easy to tell I am blind by
looking at me, but I have a friend whose eyes look perfectly normal.
I'm not trying to excuse this rudeness, but I am explaining why this
might happen.

I think it's terrible that we should have to explain our disabilities
to people when it should be obvious that we have one.  Is it really
their business why we have a dog?

I also wonder how many veterans use service dogs in this way.