[nagdu] Leaving Dogs Alone Re: Wolves

Nicole B. Torcolini at Home ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sun Jan 29 02:36:31 UTC 2012

No, this was not a service dog of any kind, but I still think that it was
kind of funny. Last summer, the lady in the apartment beside me always had a
wire muzzle on her dog when he was outside. Of course, the immediate
reaction of my parents was to ask if the dog bit. The dog did not bite. The
muzzle was for his own protection. He liked to graze on grass and once
ingested some grass that had fertilizer on it, resulting in quite a large
vet bill. So, the muzzle was to keep him from eating grass. The muzzle was
not tight and did not seem to make him uncomfortable. As a matter of fact, I
think that it may have been better than a cloth muzzle because a cloth
muzzle holds the dog's head in such a way that the dog is unable to pant.
Anyway, I just thought that, even though she had no reason for people to not
pet her dog, people always thought twice before petting the dog if they did
not know him.