[nagdu] Finding Certain Things

marilyn t21114 at optonline.net
Sun Jan 29 13:14:44 UTC 2012

Hi Hannah,
GDF teaches there dogs the find command. All we do as guide dog users is
enforce what the dog is already taught. Anna can find seats, trash cans ,
elevator, steps , doors and etc. just by telling her. If its a place your
going back to and there the first time , pat what it is name it , give her a
treat and tell her find it. Then give your dog  lots of praise. I am out in
the field a lot going to different buildings that I have never been before
from my job and she is great finding things. It can be confusing for the dog
if there are lots of door or elevators. I have had that happen in the NY
State building.  I also use the command find the way a lot. When leaving a
place we back track our steps .
Marilyn and Anna