[nagdu] Guide Dogs as "chick magnets"

Natalie nrorrell at qwest.net
Mon Jan 30 02:34:10 UTC 2012

Hi Mark,
You might want to try a harness sign that says, "If you want to pet me, ask
my daddy out," lol.  Who knows, it may work.  As for the name thing, I just
tell people immediately that my name is Natalie and his is LJ, and then
proceed to ask his name.  As far as no petting in harness, I just explain to
them that I need him to pay attention and I can't have him be distracted.
The other thing you might want to try is Handiworks makes a harness sign
that says "DO NOT PET ME; I AM WORKING," in big letters on a fluorescent
yellow background.  I've found people to generally be more respectful
towards that than other signs I've used.  Hope this helps, and please keep
us posted.
Best,
Nat and Liam Joshua