[nagdu] bringing shopping carts on the bus

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Mon Jun 11 01:58:38 UTC 2012

All,
There may be other remarks in this thread, so if I am repeating, please
excuse.  These buses that are low-floor are also known as single step
access, curb access or the like.  For those who do have additional
challenges, the driver can deploy the kneeler which lowers it even more.
The nice thing is that these are also the ramps for the chairs which are not
only hydraulic and automatic, but if they fail, can be simply manually
operated and deployed and retracted.  Our system has all buses like this
with the exception of 3, which will be replaced this coming January with 3
CNG or Conpressed Natural Gas buses with the same features.  Being on the
transit board has its advantages when it comes to access concerns.

Steve & Bennett