[nagdu] New job, Cagney can't be with me

Ann Edie annedie at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jun 12 08:27:06 UTC 2012

Hi, Debbie,

I just wanted to add to the suggestion that Dailyah gave you.  In addition
to using a pad to allow the dog to relieve itself without leaving the duty
room, you could train the dog to relieve using the relieving harness.  That
would provide easy clean-up when the dog needs a relief break during the
work shift.  But I agree with others who have said that most dogs can easily
wait the length of a work shift between relief breaks, since they do go
overnight without relief breaks most of the time, as long as they aren't
eating and drinking during this time.

Hope you get it worked out to your and your dog's satisfaction.  And
whatever solution you choose, know that you are doing the best for your
family and for your dog that you possibly can at the present time, and you
have my complete support.

Best,
Ann