[nagdu] possible interference?

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Thu Jun 14 02:28:29 UTC 2012

Hi Chantel,
I am thinking that this is not interference, but you may want to check your
state's interference/harassment  law and the definition of what it is.  Many
times, it is a malicious act, and your description of what happened does not
indicate this to me.  I also don't think it is harassment.  However, it is
not clear if the dog was under control, and if the dog was leashed, but your
description indicates that the other handler did correct the dog, and it
sounds like it was an immediate thing leading me to believe that the dog was
leashed at least.  We should keep in mind, that service dogs, just like any
other dog, is still prone to being protective, and as a dog, will protect
their handler if they believe the other dog is a threat...this is through
their eyes.  I am not by any means suggesting that this was your dog was
posing a threat, but what I am suggesting is that dogs will be dogs and that
it appears, that you both were able to get your dogs back under control.  It
is quite different from a dog running loose, being unleased, or someone
intentionally harassing or interfering with the performance of the dog.
Generally, with such laws, the person will be fined for an uncontrolled
animal, but I have my doubts in this case.   Again, check your state law.

Steve